Thursday, June 25, 2009

Saying Goodbye Is never Easy

Yup, it's been sold. After sitting in the garage, sometimes not, for close on 5? years, I finally washed and shampooed it, changed the fuel pump, and another bit, and it eventually started, and ran like a baby (where does that saying come from?). Sounds easy but it was quite some hours...at times I despaired and almost called Fatman to come and take it for free....
From this angle, you can't tell that the windshield was bent from the kiss of a bulldozer blade, or that it rolled over one day when it was left on an incline in neutral with the handbrake down...or that the front was the really rusty bit.
There were lots of enquiries. Does it have a top? Does it have a/c? How many miles on the clock? (Its 20 years old - what do you think...). Eventually this guy came round to have a look. I'll give you $5,000 he said. I said, hmm, you want me to start it for you? You want to drive it? He didn't.
I said, it isn't licensed or insured...He handed over the cash, I wrote a receipt on a piece of paper and he drove off....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment