Monday, November 30, 2009

Le Weekend: Scene I - the Hash

Being the Independence weekend, there's lots to do in Bim. Here I feature, to no-one's particular interest (except perhaps those stuck in Winter somewhere), what I did this weekend, scene by scene.
The weekend starts with the Saturday afternoon Hash. This week its from the beach at Oistins fishing village. It's a great day, perfect for running and the sea is there to cool off in at the end!


We take off towards land, thankfully, and the hares have managed to find some green in this very built up area for us to traverse.




The rag-tag bunch, emerging from a path above the supermarket.

The faster front runners are all away or watching the Serena Williams exhibition match, so I'm in first after a short 50 minute run.

And because the Religious Advisor is also AWOL, I fill in for him. The Religious Advisor is the head arbiter at the Hash Down Downs - he reigns supreme for however long it takes, doling out punishments, some deserved, some fabricated.

These two miscreants dragged themselves around the course, complaining about the heat. They were forced to drink each others choice of drink.

To demonstrate that I'm not above the law, I submit myself to the Shit Shirt. It's soaked in a cooler of ice and then rubbed in the sand before being handed to me to put on. I accept it manfully, along with obligatory drink.
 
The sun sets over another day in paradise.
(all pictures courtesy 'Kodak Kat', taken from barbadoshash.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment